|
real name is mui ling. turning older on 17th january every year wef 1988.ah mui loves green, pink, black, blue, purple, Cao Ge, Milubing, shen mu yu tong, Cherry Boom, ENERGY, alan kuo, eggs, mushrooms, onions, tofu, kbox, movies... ah mui hates two-face bitches, conflicts, doing things unwillingly, hypocrites... ah mui wishes for peace and love, |
|
Affiliates!
ME
facebook MSN/EMAIL IASK IASK Alvin Isaac siao siaos SIAO SIAOS givon liling (marssh) qing qing yiwen peishan Zhanying EW Afiq k-pher naz Genesis mitchal story blog RP friends Grace ginnette Huimin MLBians binz ELLEKAY LiWhey Meiyi Peg pek choo qian hui shihui syL Yumin(: yujing support them! Alan Kuo MILUBING Cao Ge reviews for movies and more SG yahoo movies metalcritic film (movie reviews) ieatishootipost.sg chubbyhubby - dining, wining and marriage fifo.sg - find it. find out daniel ang food diary |
Tagboard! Free chat widget @ ShoutMix |
|
3 comments
Monday, November 20, 2006 @ 11/20/2006 06:59:00 PM Yup, just in case some of you don't know, I'm taking Biomedical Sciences, same as my buddies/best friends Alvin and Isaac. This afternoon we had a module selection briefing. Honestly speaking I wasn't paying real close attention ( a bit only) to what exactly are the modules available for us. All I know is we were told to start researching who to profile for Professional Profiling (PP) during this December holidays. We are also supposed to clear our Creative Engagement (CE) as soon as possible. For year 2, we would be doing ten modules in a year, 2 of them would be PP and CE. Which means in a week we will be doing 4 moodules with 1 day free for CE and/or PP. This would go on for the whole year. Actually I still left with 10 points (7 NDA and 3NDP) to clear the CE module so I don't think I got much problems with that... I mean, I hope I would not have much problems with that. If I'm not wrong, in year 3 we will also have 4 "study days" and 1 day left for FYP (final year project). Yup it will mean we have to do 4 modules in a week, which will include 2 electives/free modules (non-SAS modules). The free day will be left to do FYP. It says "project 1" and "project 2" on the slides, I was thinking will be be expecting 2 FYPs in year 3, one in semster 1 and the other in semster 2? But if yes I guess I just have to accept. Anyway, we have three specialization tracks in year 3 - the Medical Technology, Biomedical Sciences, and IPBMS (I don't know what does that stands for). Isaac and I are plaaning to take the Medical Technology route while Alvin is planning to take the Biomedical Sciences route. This would mean you might see Isaac and I working as in the laboratory while Alvin working in the sales sector in the future. The IPBMS route is an advance diploma offered in our diploma. If I'm not wrong, we would learnt some of the university stuff in this diploma, then when we graduate from RP, we would gain direct entry (3rd year) to Monash University in Australia. It's like, after we graduate from RP in February 2008, we will start our 3rd year education in Monash University and graduate in December 2008. Problem with this route is; during the second year, instead of taking 4 modules a week we have to take 5 modules a week, so we have to find other time to do the PP/CE. If we can't cope our grades would just suffered. And the speaker told us about the school fees. If we were to continue our education in local university, which is NUS, the school fees plus other I-don't-know-what-fees is around $20k plus. However, it will required a very high GPA (can't remember) which not many people can achieve that. But not to worry, if we can't make it to the local university we can enrol in the foreign university as the requirements are less demanding. But the school fees is about $50k plus. After rambling about the pros and cons of IPBMS, the fees for advance diploma would be $5k and Monash University would be $50K. Honestly after knowing this, I am interested in the IPBMS route, but it seemed very difficult. I'm not sure if I'm able to cope with the challenges. Moreover, now I'm in the tuition fee loan scheme; after I graduate I'm suppose to pay back RP through monthly installments for a period of ten years. If I were to go through the IPBMS route, would I be able to repay the loan? But yet I don't want to miss this golden opportunity... Looks like my future in RP would be filled with unknown challenges, but I know I would not be alone - I have the companion of my two 'wonderful' (got open and close inverted comma =P)buddies Alvin and Isaac (ok I know the both of you want to vomit now so go and vomit all you want then =P ) Persevere on =D! Labels: more about me, weird thoughts |