Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish


FOLLOW MY BLOG
real name is mui ling. turning older on 17th january every year wef 1988.
ah mui loves green, pink, black, blue, purple, Cao Ge, Milubing, shen mu yu tong, Cherry Boom, ENERGY, alan kuo, eggs, mushrooms, onions, tofu, kbox, movies...
ah mui hates two-face bitches, conflicts, doing things unwillingly, hypocrites...
ah mui wishes for peace and love, further studies(gone), hypocrites to fuck off, and boyfriend? as well as to be a better ah mui...


Affiliates!
Tagboard!

Free chat widget @ ShoutMix


!
0 comments
Sunday, December 10, 2006 @ 12/10/2006 07:32:00 PM

Hey I'm feeling much better after a good night sleep now. Well, it's over anyway, so I shan't dwell on it anymore. I think if the management had thought of this and plan properly it would be less chaotic...lol never mind

I was watching "43rd Golden horse Awards" and Jay Chou said something which I agree. In such competition, we don't compete with others - just compete with yourself will do (something like that...don't think I translate it well but you get what I mean?). This is one of the lines in Initial D (am I right?).

For me I think if competing with others gives you the motivation to work harder that is alright. But that should not be the ultimate goal at the end of the day (that means you don't strive to do better than others but strive to do better than your previous performances).

Let me give you an example; in a class if you see others are working hard and you seemed to be slacking, you would want to buck up too right? I think it's alright to have this kind of thinking. However, if others are getting good grades and you want to 'do better than them', that would not be the right attitutude (yeah I'm guilty of that so I'm reminding myself at the same time).

Yesterday I went to watch a bit of the "Big 15" basketball match (it's a close door event in our school so I can only peep outside). I'm not in the position to comment on 'how well they played' as I'm not pro at it. But I realized the value of 'Friendship come 1st, competition comes 2nd' after watching. I think if they face this with the wrong attitude, i.e. not cooperating with the authority, behaving cockily or whatsoever, the whole competition would not be meaningful anymore, don't you think so?

LOL, it's alright if you disagree though...all the best to the "Big 15" participants although I don't know whether the competition is over.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok thats aside.

I just discovered that Mayday's song was nominated for the "best original film song" for Golden horse awards...although in the end the award goes to the theme song for "Perhaps love".

Whatever the case, I think it must be a great honour for the musicians/singers to be able to sing the theme song for movies (or just drama serials alone). And I think it must be a great, great (yup two times) honour if the theme song that they sang and/or compose are nominated for such awards. LOL, I don't know why but I just feel this way.

That is why for every year's Star Awards, the award that I'm concern most would be the "best theme song" award. And I will get very excited (I don't know why) if the singer of the songs are professional singers (referring to the non-mediacorp artiste like last year JJ lin's song was nominated and this year we had Joi Chua and again Mayday...it's a pity that Cao Ge's song gua mu xiang kang isn't nominated).

Gosh, I really hope that the theme song that Milubing sang for Bai wan bao would be nominated next year...MLBians, do you agree with me?

Anyway, "Superband" grandfinals is also nominated for one of the award...together with "Campus Superstar" grandfinals, "It's showtime" grandfinals, "Star Idol" grandfinals and "renci charity show"... last year's winner was renci charity show. This year we don't have a lot of charity shows would the award still goes to renci chairity show? Or would the award goes to the grandfinals of those competitions (hope it would be Superband) for the first time? The answer would be out on tonight, 7pm, on Channel 8...

Oh my goodness, why do I sound like a reporter? LOL!

Labels: